Site could not be identified, local enquiries made in the settlements around the location but no knowledge of whereabouts of tower, or of demolition of station, came to light.
Simahát Tower Station, lat. 22° 58', long. 88° 35'—observed at in 1863—is on N. side of the village of that name; thána Jáguli, pargana Pancbpur, district Nuddea.
The pillar is perforated, 37.93 feet high and has a mark in the ground floor and another below in the foundation. The directions and distances of the circumjacent villages are:—Ganguria E., mile 0.3; Balmili W, mile 0.8 (from GTS Synopsis Volume XXI, page 4).