Located on the western side of the Hooghly River, on an isthmus bounded on the west by the former course of the Damodar River, now rerouted to join the Hooghly further north. Tower located in rural wooded location, remote from metalled roads, and only located thanks to being guided to site by local people. The tower site is cleared and its location is marked by a deep water-filled hole, excavated, apparently, in search for gold believed to be buried beneath tower. Bricks visible in rubble on site, reused for agricultural building constructed nearby.
Mirzápur Tower Station, lat. 22° 20', long. 88° 6'—observed at in 1848 and 1860— is situated about a quarter of a mile east of the village of that name. It is in the lands of the village of Mirzápur, thana Shámpúr and pergunnah Mandalghát, district Hooghly.The tower is hollow and 35.21 feet high, and has a mark-stone imbedded in the ground floor. Brúl semaphore is 8.8 miles N.E., and Dhájá semaphore 2.9 miles S.E. by S (from GTS Synopsis Volume XIII, page 6).