Located in village of Dilākās on main street, with small lane on one side of the tower and a garden wall abutting on the other side, from which an entrance way with a circular-headed arch provided internal access to the tower. Internal remains include timber supports of platforms. Evidence of external plaster beneath horizontal string courses, three of which are clearly evident, with arch-headed large openings arranged vertically, as at Nibria. Similar vertically-arranged brick ‘strengtheners’ also evident, as at Nibria. Brick measurement of 21cm length, 11cm width and 5cm height. Width across doorway is 1.58m and width of wall at ground level is 2.2m. Estimated height of 19.9m using a Laser Disto.
LXXIX. Dilakás Tower Station, lat. 22° 43', long. 88° 4'—observed at in 1832, 1848 and 1869—is one of the old telegraph towers, on the line from Calcutta to Benares, and is in the village from which it takes its name; pargana Bhúrsút, district Hugli.
The tower is circular, hollow and 80.83 feet high. In 1869 two marks were placed, one in the ground floor and the other 3.17 feet below it in the normal of a mark found at the top of the tower, none having been found at the bottom. The azimuths and distances of the circumjacent villages are as follows:—Bilispur 94° 5', miles 0.67, Durgápur 259° 55', miles 0.93 and Kúlakás 345° 0', miles 1.04 (from GTS Synopsis Volume XII, page 18).
overall good, with small amount of erosion to brickwork at ground-level, and damage evident at top of structure through vegetation.